Seeing more metal roofs? There’s a reason.
Metal roofs are gaining traction for their durability, energy efficiency, and longevity. Homeowners are investing with a little more caution lately and rightly so. In spite of that, metal roofing has never been hotter. And industry reports that market share of metal will grow at least through 2026.
Why Invest in a Metal Roof?
Investing in a roof is a big deal. We often emphasize its long term value, and for good reason: nothing compares in the long run. If you look at the financial impact past a quick first 5 years, the data becomes really obvious. That’s why we invest and work hard to deliver quality product to you. But don’t just take our word for it. Major insurance companies and their actuarial scientists will tell you themselves whey they are bullish on metal roofs.
American Family Insurance
American Family Insurance looks favorably at metal roofs due to the durability, fire resistance, and energy efficiency they provide.
- American Family projects metal roofs lifespan at 30-40 years, note that metal roofs are lightweight, and can reflect sunlight, helping to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- “Metal panels are attractive, fire resistant, lightweight and have a long life expectancy.”
- They rate the protection as “superior.” saying, “A metal roof seals out water, high winds and sheds snow easily. If you live in a snowy climate and are looking to permanently stop ice dams, this could be your solution.”
- They note that professional installation is key and even offer helpful tips to avoid fraud choose an excellent installer like the hundreds who work directly with Metal Exteriors.
State Farm Insurance
State Farm Insurance considers metal roofs to be a strong option and lists four reasons why.
- Metal roofs last longer than traditional shingles, they are more durable, and they are fire-resistant.
- State Farm also notes that metal roofs can help reduce energy usage and be more environmentally friendly.
- Additionally, many metal roofs, like Metal Exteriors products, are backed by a warranty. And in the event of damage covered by that warranty, that becomes especially important.
- State Farm also offers discounts in many states.
- Progressive Insurance states that metal roofs are strong, long lasting, and energy efficient.
- Progressive can offer discounts for customers and rates them “very appealing” due to their fire-resistant qualities, longevity, and durability.
- In addition, Progressive agrees that metal roofs can help reduce energy costs since they reflect the sun’s rays.
- They note that it’s important to make sure that your metal roof is properly installed, as this will help ensure its durability and longevity.
What do others say?
For the most part, any one working with stats have pretty clearly found that metal roofs are an excellent choice for homeowners looking for a durable and long-lasting roofing material.
- Metal Roofing Alliance has done extensive research to answer the question of are metal roofs better? They have found that metal roofs are more resistant to wind and fire damage than asphalt shingles, and they also reflect sunlight and heat, which can help reduce energy costs.
- Moody’s Risk Management Solutions noticed in a study of Florida hurricanes that standing seam was even able to withstand hurricane level wind loads.
- Studies conducted by the Cool Metal Roofing Coalition and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory show that energy-efficient metal roofing materials coated high reflectance paint systems can save homeowners up to 40 percent on cooling costs compared to asphalt shingles.
- Sherwin-Williams notes that re-roofing with metal provides a higher return on investment than asphalt shingles. While actual impact varies region to region, a metal roof will typically increase a home’s resale value by 1 to 6 percent, with the highest gains on the East Coast.